Friday, July 23, 2010

Proud as a Peacock

I love Peacocks and their magnificent feathers. They are an exceptionally beautiful bird. "The pride of the peacock is the glory of God," a quote by William Blake. I don't know if I totally agree with Blake, but it's an intriguing thought none the less.

Some interesting people I knew a long time ago kept Peacocks as watchdogs. When I visited, I found out very quickly that they (the Peacocks, not the people)make a horrible noise.


Later in life, I took an online art course. The artist lived in the country and he had Peacocks. They (again the Peacocks, not the artist) were making noise all through the lessons. After a while, I just got used to that noise. It's hard to describe, but they definitely get your attention.


If I ever get my dream cottage in the woods, I'm going to have Peacocks as pets. In the meantime, I'm using Peacock feathers in some of my jewelry gift box designs. I really love the bright iridescent colors. In my opinion, and I have a lot of opinions, rich turquoise and deep purple are just natural colors to group with the Peacock feathers. Perhaps I like these feathers because the Peacock appears to be a very proud and arrogant bird. That pretty much sums me up, too. I'm not too "proud" that I'm proud, but it's the truth. I'm always waiting to fall off my perch! Now that would be a horrendous sound (that would be me, not the Peacocks).

PG

No comments:

Post a Comment