Monday, July 19, 2010

Think On Top of the Box

I've always been one who likes to "think outside of the box," coming up with new ideas. After seeing some of my daughter's jewelry designs, I decided to change my tact and "think ON TOP of the Box." I've been creating like crazy on top of jewelry gift boxes ever since.

I paint the boxes with acrylic paint, then put a nice laquered finish on them with varnish. Then the FUN begins. I start creating unique designs for each one of the boxes. "Daylight" is my latest creation. I fastened elongated beads to the top of the box and then added some feathers so it looks like a flower. Then I attached some blue glass beads threaded on wire in a spiral in the middle. What a delight it is to see the final results.

These feathers just happen to be Mallard duck feathers. I've started playing with designs using different types of feathers and the results are beautiful. Just wait until you see the ones I've created with Peacock feathers!

I can't wait to get home from work every day so I can start working on new designs. There's no limit to what my imagination can come up with. I'm having a blast!

PG

No comments:

Post a Comment