Wednesday, February 16, 2011

He Speaks Roses To Me

Hambo Rambo is my pet name for my husband. He's a macho-type man who works hard, gets his hands dirty, works on cars and is a tough guy. Not being a sensitive man, he always amazes me that he gets it that I love red roses. He does! Yes, I'm not kidding. Every year on Valentine's Day, our anniversary and my birthday, he sends me red roses. Sometimes he sends a dozen, other times it's just one and occasionally he really makes a statement with two or three dozen. (That's probably when roses are on sale!)


A long time ago, I decided to never say "Oh, you shouldn't have." Instead, I just shower him with thank yous and kisses. When he speaks "roses" to me, he speaks love and I accept.


The roses he sent this year on Valentine's Day are just now opening up. Ah, these are beautiful, brilliant red roses. My favorite. All I can say is, "Honey, speak roses to me."





I love it when he speaks roses to me!
 Happy Wednesday night,
PG

No comments:

Post a Comment