Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh My Aching Back

I picked up too many heavy objects over the weekend and hurt my poor little old back. I spent yesterday at home on a heating pad and took many pain blocking pills. Today, I had to trek back to work. My office is the last office in the building, so it was a long, long walk. I was so glad I had cleaned my office on Friday before I left for the Special Olympics Polar Plunge in Lawton.
At the end of the hall, turn left. My office is
the last one before exiting the back of the building. It doesn't look so far, but
with a huge pain in my back, it was a long way...believe me!

That's my desk, and yes, I painted that picture on the wall.
I have nice windows that look out onto the parking lot. Since
my office is below ground level, I can see underneath any
car that happens to park outside my window. Lovely!


Here's my workspace. And, yes, I painted the little birds hanging on the wall. The doll hanging to the right of the pictures is a gift from a group of teachers from Russia. The doll on the lamp shade was a gift brought back to me from my boss who attended the 2008 Special Olympics World Games in China. The numbers
on the legal pad are the the kajillion photos taken at the Lawton Polar Plunge that I want to
include on the Special Olympics Oklahoma Flickr account.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55010642@N06/sets/72157626111308096/
 That's the tour. I will be taking more pain pills at lunch, so the posting today may be a little awkward, to say the least.

Happy (hurting) Tuesday,
PG

No comments:

Post a Comment